Sunday, July 20, 2008

When Teletubbies Need More Fiber

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'll grant you that this cake is passable, although the design is a bit loose and it does seem like there should be a bow where the blue "ribbons" intersect. But, I can't stop staring at those peaked mounds; they way they're swirled and formed makes the cake look like it was the Teletubbies' squatting ground. (Not that this is the first time, either..) Just what was the designer going for? They're too large for dots, too irregular (heh - get it? Irregular?) to be a pattern - I'm stumped.

[shrug] Well, I guess the designer just wanted the cake to have more movement. (Bah-dum-bum!)
About Me said...

I think you mean less fiber. Those look near liquid.

Anonymous said...

you know, I am not sure where I even came across your blog, but I must say that I love it!!! I check it everyday!!!I always get a good laugh!!!!Thanks for comic relief in my hectic days :)

Anonymous said...

This cake is pretty sad...and for someone's 18th birthday too. How depressing for her as she now faces the world as an "adult!"

Anonymous said...

surprised no mention of the sweeping yellow border around the base. lovely.

Steve! said...

...just a thought- maybe the yellow & blue was supposed to be the Swedish flag? And the droppings were supposed to represent gifts from reindeer?

Hilde Christina said...

I LOVE your blog and just gave you a Brilliant Blogger award. I write in norwegian and know you can't read what I'm writing, but I gave it to you anyways.http://www.hildechristina.com/2008/07/brilliant-blogger-award.html

Bev Sykes said...

Perhaps stringless balloons?

As the former decorator of some cakes that would make it to you blog, I'm really enjoying these pictures.

(wish I still had a picture of the man hitting a fish with a golf club over a flock of sheep--the instructions for what was to go on the cake!)

Little Fish said...

Funniest Blog Ever! Thank you!

Jen said...

Hilde Christina, I'm feeling the Norwegian love. ;) Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Just a guess, but I see that there are Hershey's Kisses strewn across the table, and the 'decorations' look vaguely Kiss-shaped - maybe the birthday girl loves Hershey's Kisses and that was a theme at the party?

ellemenopii said...

How old is Leanne turning? Is this her 1gth birthday?

Maryogim said...

X2 all the above comments who say your blog is funny - will be a regular visitor as it is a calorie free way to have my cake and read it too (bah-DUM-pum)

Brandi said...

Maybe it's some type of reverse Swedish flag. The official Swedish party flag?

Anonymous said...

You people are horrible. I think a lot of these cakes were made with love. If someone showed up with a homemade cake like that for my birthday, which clearly took a lot of effort for the maker to do, even if they weren't the best baking artiste, I would be utterly thrilled that someone cared enough about me to invest that kind of time.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, it's specifically stated in the blog info that the blogger verifies that these cakes were made "professionally" (term used loosely) and paid for (even if they did have to get their money back), not by family members. A) it's easier to verify them as not faked that way, B) they pump out hundreds of the things, they were not "made with love" for anything except money, C) it's not funny if it's not made by people who should know better.

Anonymous said...

Look at the bottom piece of "ribbon" facing towards us. It looks disconnected and partially wiped off.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and I love it! Must say, though, this cake WAS a Mikey Mouse cake, minus the appropriate topper.

I hated that cake :p

Anonymous said...

Could be coloured condoms..

Liz T. said...

I'm with yourradiogeek. That was the first 'kit cake' I ever made at the grocery store bakery. It was under duress, too -- the real decorator had forgotten to make it before she left for the day and the customer needed it NOW.

The "blobs" are supposed to be perfectly flat, smooth circles. Needless to say, they never were.

I hate that cake.

p.s. Just found the site -- love it! I saw (and made a few) disasters in my day. Which, thankfully for customers everywhere, has passed.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention that's a lame cake for a 19th birthday. Hope there's some beer in it.

Anonymous said...

That is actually a Mickey Mouse kit cake. The kit is really cute. You would never know it.

http://www.partywedding.com/img/thumbs/Mickey&Friends-DecorKit-46864.jpg

Anonymous said...

No bow is needed as it's obviously the flag of Sweden.

Unknown said...

Agree with Aimee. I think the blobs are hershey's kisses. Look at the kisses on the table...

Anonymous said...

yo pimpin, isn't that kind of a childish cake for and 18 yr old? or is that 19?

Anonymous said...

haha love the commentary on this one.

Fresh and Feisty said...

Oh my god, so that's why my niece's cake was such a trainwreck. I ordered a cake from Coldstone with the Mickey figurine one of the commenters linked to as the kit. The girl asked what color I wanted and said blue. What I got was that pale yellow, splotchy thing. It was terrible and if I had more time I would have refused it. I did manage to get $3 off. Someday I'll post a picture and link back to your page. Thanks so much for your blog...it has provided me and my friends a lot to laugh at!

Anonymous said...

So I LOVE your blog, but with all the critiquing of typos I have been adamantly determined to find one in your text. I finally found it! Check out the word they. Keep up the awesome blog!!

Anonymous said...

It's a...reverse-colored Swedish flag covered in rainbow turds? Wow. Just...wow.

Haiku Joy said...

Horrible people,
laughing at my birthday cake
when it has the pox.