Sunday, June 8, 2008

Can You Make a Freudian Slip in Icing?

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Because I think someone just dii-iid! [sing-song voice]

In addition to the surprisingly obscene well-wishing, this cake also suffers from a lack of grammar skills (it's a run-on sentence, and yet the "M" is capitalized - and why two periods?) and a hideous color scheme. I think those things in the corners are supposed to be rosebuds, so why are they grayish purple with blue squiggles? Some repressed feelings of inadequacy, perhaps? Hmm?
About Me said...

This cake was almost pretty until I read what it said. I'm in the mood for cake now.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Honestly, I'd rather have someone wishing me a good f**k, than good luck.

PrettyPeony said...

When I saw that cake, and even before I read your commentary, I laughed till I cried. Literally, tears running down my cheeks.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a cake a group of us presented to a police sergeant back in my college days. A campus group was baking and delivering heart-shaped cakes as a fundraiser on Valentines Day, so we commissioned one for Sgt. Bob. it read,

From
Us
College
Kids

He thought it was the nicest gesture, and took it home to show his wife.

She was the one that spotted what the initials spelled.

Unknown said...

And... isn't that... "We kill Miss you"?? Noooooo!

naomic3 said...

If you read it diagnoally, it does read "Sasha f*cu you." I wonder if the additional words were just a guise to thow off the actual sentiment? It would also explain the ugly color scheme.

Chris said...

I love how the offensive word is in such lovely handwriting.

Auntie Bean said...

The squiggely things at the top look like Pepto Bismol Carrots.

Anonymous said...

If you look closely, it also really says "we uill miss you" and not "we will miss you".

keru said...

isn't it supposed to be "BEST OF LUCK" ?

Juliet said...

I like that the 'f' in the word 'of' and the 'l' in the word 'luck' are written almost identically.

Anonymous said...

Okay, true story. I found something like this in a Chinese fortune cookie. The fortune was supposed to read "You will have all the good luck that a friend will bring you." However, the quote was printed against an image of a fortune cookie, and one of the folds in the cookie happened to cross the 'l' in "luck"...

I was eating Chinese food with a bunch of missionary people at the time. Needless to say, I did not read the fortune aloud (but my hubbie kept it for a very long time :-) )

Mudhooks said...

Friends were dining out at a local ethnic restaurant. They had taken a friend out for her birthday and told her "Have anything you want".

When the bill arrived, it appeared that either whoever had programmed the computer cash couldn't spell or she had ordered "cock" with her meal....

Hannah said...

FAWESOME!

colBoh said...

Oh f*ck...

Mudhooks:
"Cock" is Engrish for "Coke" (as in Coca-Cola).

CJ Lucke said...

Can't we make this cake into a t-shirt? Pleeeeaaase .... pretty please ...

Anonymous said...

I think they learned punctuation from Charles Schulz. Seriously, in later years at least, every declarative sentence in "Peanuts" ended with two periods.

Whimsical said...

This has given me the best laugh today! :-)))